Wednesday, September 21, 2005

It's enough to make a believer out of me

Florida: Red state, governed by a Bush; four hurricanes last year...how many hurricanes so far this year?

Louisiana: Red state; Katrina; Rita on the way?

Texas: Red state, formerly governed by a Bush; Rita on the way.

California, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachussetts, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine: Blue states, not governed by a Bush. Zero hurricanes.

Pat Robertson once chastened Florida— "…you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you, This is not a message of hate -- this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes, and possibly a meteor."

And here all along I just thought he was a hypocritical crackpot lunatic.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

that is some of the funniest most ignorant stuff i've read in a long time....

now go back and do corrolations to other natural disasters versus our president and then give me a call.

Anonymous said...

Correlation.

Anonymous said...

Other natural disasters? Isn't having shrub as our President disaster enough? Disasterous war, disasterous debt that our grandkids will still be paying, disasterous denial of global warming, disasterous deregulation of corporate contributors? How long a list of voter induced disasters do you want?

Anonymous said...

the only consistent correlation I've ever seen is the tornado's propensity for flattening trailer parks. I've seen it, its real. Everyone who grew up in my old home town (Edwardsville, Illinois) knows this and it affects their lives to this day. What I can't understand though, is why anybody actually chose to live in a trailer park in Southern Illinois.